In Windows 8 and Windows 10, Microsoft has introduced a built-in feature to mount ISO IMG files in Windows 10. Now you don’t need to download Virtual Drive program to mount iso or img files. In Windows 7 this feature was not there, so when users download Windows ISO then they need a free ISO mount tool to begin installation.
- Does Windows 10 have ISO mounting?
- How do you mount an ISO file?
- What is the best ISO program?
- How do I burn or mount an ISO?
The steps are very simple in these OS, with a couple of clicks you can create virtual CD drive and begin installation process.
How To Mount ISO in Windows 10 & 8.1
Now, (Question: Does Windows 10 have ISO mounting?) The answer is simple yes. Once you download ISO file in Win 10, go to the folder where that file is saved.
- Right click on ISO file and select “Mount” from context menu.
- Once you do it, you will see new Virtual Drive in “This PC” section.
- Open this new drive and you will see setup or .exe file run it and complete the process.
- When you are done, again right click on that “New Virtual Drive” from “This PC” and Select “Eject“to un mount ISO img files.
See this how you mount ISO img files in Win 10 or 8.
What is the best ISO Mount Program?
Still there are users who like a third party ISO mounter or ISO mounting software. As a said you don’t need this tool in Win 8 or 10 but if you are inclined to use a tool then i would suggest Power ISO or WinCDEmu.
Mount ISO file using Power ISO From context menu:
- Open “My Computer” and select the ISO file which you want to mount.
- Right-click on the file selected, the shell context menu will popup.
- Choose the menu “Mount Image to Drive[….:]”.
Mount ISO IMG Files Using WinCDEmu
If you don’t like poweriso then you can use WinCDEmu ISO mounting software. This tool is open source and is equally beneficial for Windows 10 or Windows 8 users.
Apart from ISO file there are BIN/CUE, NRG, MDS/MDF, CCD, and IMG image files which current Windows versions cannot open. To open these files WinCDEmu is a best tool.
Just download WinCDEmu and when you run it, you will find its very easy to use. Just double click on ISO img files to mount them as new Virtual Drive.