Nowadays a computer is useless without the internet. almost every computer and device used a wireless connection to stay connected with the internet. Sometimes Wifi not working in Windows for any reason.
It’s very annoying when we have to do an important task and the internet doesn’t work. There can be many reasons but we have the solutions too.
Hence, in this guide, We are going to have a look at Wifi problems in Windows and their fixes, let’s get started.
How to Fix wifi Issues In Windows 10?
There are many methods through which we can fix the wifi not working issue in Windows 10. Before going to fix wifi not working, We need to know, what is the problem. Here are the details of the problems…
- Wi-Fi is connected but no Internet
- Windows 10 cannot find a Wi-Fi network
- Windows 10 can’t connect to Wi-Fi
- Wi-Fi does not have a valid IP configuration
- Find Wi-Fi password in Windows 10
1- How to Fix Wi-Fi is connected but no Internet
If you are getting a prompt saying “you are connected to a Wi-Fi network, but you don’t have internet”. This can be resolve by restarting your internet device or by troubleshooting your wireless connection.
First, restart your internet device. Now from the bottom right corner of your desktop, click on the “wireless icon” and then click “troubleshoot problems”. In most cases, this method works if you have a working internet connection.
If does not work, you can troubleshoot through command prompt. open the command prompt from the start menu and enter the following command.
netsh int ip reset
netsh winsock reset
2 – How to Fix Windows 10 cannot find a Wi-Fi network
If your computer is not showing any wireless connection, Then you have to consider the following: make sure that you are in the range of the router and the router is turned on.
Reboot the router by unplugging the power source wait for a minute and then restart it again. Now connect to your computer with your device.
Or Disable or Enable NIC
Open the Run by pressing Windows + R and type ‘ncpa.cpl’ then press enter. It will open the “Network connections”. On the wireless adapter ‘right-click‘ and then click on ‘Disable’. Now click again and “Enable” the Wireless connection. Now restart your computer and connect to the Wi-Fi.
Or Update network adapter driver.
Open the Run by pressing Windows + R and type ‘devmgmt.msc’ then press enter.
Click on wireless ‘Network Adapters’ and then click on ‘Wi-Fi Controller’. and select ‘Update drivers’.
Select the ‘Search automatically for updated driver software’.
Once the drivers are installed, reboot the system.
3 – How to Fix Windows 10 can’t connect to Wi-Fi
Open the ‘Device Manager‘ by pressing ‘Windows + X‘.
Right-click on ‘Network adapter‘ and choose ‘Uninstall’.
Now Click on ‘Delete the driver software for this device’.
By rebooting the computer, Windows will automatically install the drivers.
4 – How to Fix Wi-Fi does not have a valid IP configuration
- Connect your router with your PC with an ethernet cable.
- Enter router IP address in the browser.
- Change your network’s name and password by login into your device’s portal.
5 – How to Find Wi-Fi password in Windows 10
- If you forget your Wi-Fi password, follow the following steps to get it quickly.
- In the taskbar click on the Network icon.
- Click on ‘Network and Internet settings’.
- Now, choose ‘Change adapter options’.
- From the Wi-Fi connections, right-click and select ‘Status’.
- Click on the ‘Wireless properties’ and open the ‘Security’ tab‘.
- Check the box to show the ‘Wi-Fi password’.